OPTOLONG UHC - CANON EOS CLIP FILTER
- enhances contrast of nebulae
- Clip filter for Canon Eos (APS-C format)
The Optolong UHC (Ultra High Contrast) broadband filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deep sky objects. Selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lighting (including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights, and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow)). Being highly transparent to the main nebula emission lines at OIII (496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII (654nm and 658nm), H-alpha(656nm) as well as SII (672nm).
- Suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at urban and suburban areas with heavy light pollution.
- Suitable for color CCD cameras and unmodified DSLRs.
- UHC has a narrower passband and thus provides higher contrast than a CLS (CIty Light Pollution / Light Pollution Reduction) filter. Thus it is more suitable for urban environments where you suffer from severe light pollution.
- UHC has a substantial red passband and offer superb views of objects like the Orion Nebula (M42).
- Canon's EF-S lenses are not compatible with clip-filters.