STC ULTRA LAYER® ASTRO-MULTISPECTRA FILTER
COMPATIBLE CANON BODIES (FULL FRAME)
- 5D Mark II
- 5D Mark III
- STC Astro-Multispectra filter can reduce the interference from artificial lighting in the city ,and enhance the wave length of Hα, Hβ, OIII and SII.
- It is coated by the use of the IBAD (Ion beam-assisted deposition) technology on Schott® B270 optical 2mm glass, working for higher durability and easily cleaning, and preventing aging variation in optical spectral characteristics due to temperature and humidity change.
- High-quality double-sided NANO Anti-smudge coating build excellent performance on waterproof and grease-proof.
- Matte black anodized and Teflon-coated frame design eliminates flare and easy to install or remove from your lens.
- This product is an interference filter. Its spectrum characteristics will be subject to the incidence of incoming light.
- The focal length of 70mm or more would be recommended. Directly shooting on strong light would effect the image performance due to the light interference and reflection.
It is designed for Canon Full frame camera body mount, and reducing the color shift that may occur due to the wide angle SLR lens in peripheral areas of the image. We recommend using STC Clip Filter–Canon FF–Astro MS with SLR lenses focal distance of 30mm or more, and avoiding directly taking pictures to strong artificial light which causes slightly flare on image.
The material is A2 stainless steel which is virtually non-magnetic and less brittle at low temperatures. Specially designed Clip-shaped structure could be pressed firmly while attaching the lens on camera body. Therefore, the paralleled focal plane could ensure focusing performance clearly.
It is coated by the use of the IBAD (Ion beam-assisted deposition) technology on Schott® B270 optical glass, working for higher durability and easily cleaning.ãâ¬â¬It will significantly reduce the interference from artificial lighting, such as mercury and sodium street light, yet allow the important nebula emission lines to pass, thus enhancing the contrast of astronomical objects.
- Please use Live View mode while taking photo with clip filter, because you will have to lift the mirror to install the filter and the mirror will block the optical viewfinder(OVF).
- Please understand the change in optical axis with the installation of clip filter, the angle of view will then become wider.